Leca® is a Lightweight Expanded Clay, formed by the heating and firing of clay in a rotary kiln, at temparatures of up to 1150°C. The process transforms the clay into various lightweight ceramic granules, which have a hard ceramic shell and a porous core.
Leca® is the world leader in horticultural, agricultural & hydroponic substrates and your first choice in lightweight building aggregates.
- Higher insulation (more closed pores)
- Better drainage (bigger gaps between granules)
- Better moisture retention (more open pores)
- Better soil aeration (promotes healthy bacterias)
- Increases root biomass (sharp edges split and induce exponential root development)
Benefits of Leca®
Manufactured to relevant ISO standards, Leca® is consistent in nature:
- pH neutral
- stable & durable
- resistant to insects
- saves water
- stimulates root growth
- retains moisture keeping soil cool
The world leader in horticultural, agricultural & hydroponic substrates and your first choice in lightweight building aggregates.
- Top layer
- Drainage media
- Planting-up soil conditioner (moisture trap)
- Vermiculite / Perlite replacement
- Hydroponic media
- Aquaponic media
- Orchid media
- Propogation / cuttings
For more information, please enquire here.