Norsag is a South African based company, located in the heart of the Cape winelands. Norsag – The Norwegian South African Group – was borne from a Norwegian business man, Jan Egil Skaara Andersen, who has a background in International Trade and construction. Drawing on knowledge and experience from different continents Andersen identified the need to bring European and Scandinavian products, and more importantly, know how – to an ever increasingly environmentally aware and resource challenged Africa – particularly in terms of durability and water conservation.
We supply solutions to the horticultural, landscaping, agricultural and architectural industry with the supply of:
- Leca – lightweight expanded clay aggregate -healthier plants using less water
- Floragard – high quality imported potting soil from Germany
- Capillary concrete – engineered bunker liner drainage system
- Princess Art – handcrafted quality garden pots & ornaments
- Filtralite – Filtering the water for tomorrow
- Building components – Leca building blocks
- Both energy and water resources are being put under pressure due to urbanization and South Africa’s move towards a diversified First World Economy.
- Energy costs are rising, and available water resources are falling.
- National, provincial and local governments as well as the private sector has been mandated to address water saving programs and to promote sustainable and responsible use of our limited resources.
- The same principles apply to Energy saving and responsible use of available power.
Norsag helps address all these issues. Firstly, through reductions in water usage, secondly through our contribution in filtration and lastly through our energy saving building components.
Contact us for more information about our products and services.